Tips to practice and maintain a happy relationship
- Find time together to do things that you both like to do
- Remember your sense of humour always a calming ingredient
- Remember you are a partnership and that you should both make decisions together.
- You had an agreement when you first got together of being a 'team', check that your 'team rules' are still the same.
- Try to avoid a conflict when you are tired, or emotions are running high. Talk about it later.
- Encourage your partner to talk about any difficulties they are having and listen. Being a friend is always a step in the right direction.
- Mistakes happen. Try to work through these together without blame.
- Try not to dwell on the problems. Take time out to do other things and visit them again later. Let the good times outweigh the bad.
- Think about how you are treating your partner at the moment. Is there room for improvement.
- You are a partnership so what is important to your partner should have an influence on you. Don't disregard these.
Please call our qualified relationship specialists to discuss how we can help you get started.